Sitting alongside the US border, Abbotsford is both a historic city and a new one. In 1995, the Districts of Matsqui and Abbotsford combined to create the City of Abbotsford, making 2020 its 25th anniversary. Today the city of Abbotsford is currently the largest municipality in British Columbia outside Metro Vancouver.
Sometimes known as “The City in the Country”, it is the perfect place to settle down for those in search of tranquility, proximity to nature and a safe place to call home. The city’s idyllic location and cost-effective housing options only add to its appeal, not to mention cheap gas too!
Agriculture also plays an important role in Abbotsford, since 70% of its lands are part of the Agricultural Land Reserve. The city is home to over 1,300 farms and more than 22,000 hectares of developed farmlands employing over 7,000 people. More than one-fifth of the farms sell their fresh produce directly to residents ensuring they have easy access to healthy, locally grown food. Numerous restaurants here prioritize the farm-to-table concept, preparing delicious meals from domestically grown and often organic ingredients.
Furthermore, Abbotsford is one of the top choices for families when it comes to relocating to the Fraser Valley region. One of the main reasons for this is its prime education system, offering 46 public schools, 4 private schools as well as 8 post-secondary institutions. The University of the Fraser Valley is one of the biggest university colleges in the country and has numerous campuses here.
Developments in Abbotsford
- Elmstone at Westerleigh by Polygon Homes
- Cinema District by Diverse
- The Onyx at Mahogany by Quantum Properties
- Marq Rowhomes by T.M. Crest Homes
- Natura by Naturbana Properties
- The News Urban Homes by Elevate Development Crop
- Ventura by Ventura Properties Ltd.
- Allwood Place by Onni
- Terrazzo Condos by Bianco Developments
- Gardner by Mosaic Homes
- Court by Heinrichs Developments
- THE VINE at Pepin Brook by Sonbuilt Custom Homes Ltd.
- Upper Montrose by Redekop Group of Companies and FIG Inc.
- Maclure Point by T.M. Crest Homes
- Bristol Heights by Polygon Homes
- Timberlane by Algra Bros. Developments
- The Grand at Willow Creek by Apex Western Homes Ltd.
- The Meadows by Noort Homes
- Roundhouse Estates by Gramercy